Building Spiritual Vocabulary
Building the Spiritual Vocabulary. I was reading this article on how to build a child’s vocabulary. I thought to myself: this would be great if there was a spiritual version of this. Alas, I couldn’t find one. Instead I did a little brainstorming around what it might look like to do this with faith formation in mind. Start by reading the article and then try out some of my suggestions:
- Hiding symbols of the faith (cross, Bible, etc) under a blanket might work for this, as you could feel them thru the blanket and then reveal them.
- Bring your child to church sometime outside of Sunday morning, explain the different things and what they mean to you and to us as a community.
- You can do roll playing like using Bible stories or parables.
- Try doing any of these other activities with friends of different ages.
- There are plenty of Noah’s Ark toys out there, but a quick search of amazon will reveal other toys based on Bible stories.
- Listen in and see if any of the new words you’ve been introducing have sunk in 🙂